Tuesday, July 5, 2016

5 days!!

I am so happy to announce that there are only five more days until I get to return to UK. I am also so happy to say that I am almost ready to go. I only need a few more items before I have my packing list complete. To say the least, I'm excited for camp. I am so happy that I get to return to UK for my third year in a row. There's no other college that I would rather be at to spend my summer. Tomorrow I am going to my grandpas house. I will be there for a couple days to help him around the house, so I can earn some extra money for camp. But, I've been thinking about that lately, and maybe I'll just have him get me the things I still need off my packing list. I think that's what I'll do. I am so happy that I get to see how much the GEAR UP family has grown. I've been in this family for five years now, and I am so happy that I filled out that application my freshman year. I never thought I'd have a chance to get accepted to something like this, but I filled out the application anyways. It couldn't hurt to try, right? Well, they must have really liked my application, because I got accepted to go to UK the first year, and then I was promised a spot my second year, and I got accepted to UK again. Now, this year, only the third year students got to pick the college they wanted to go to. I am so thrilled that I am a part of the huge GEAR UP family. It continues to grow every year, and it makes me so happy to see all of the new students that come into the program. I'm not good with socializing. Well, I wasn't before camp at UK. I was forced out of my shell the first year at camp. Last year, I helped others that reminded me of myself. I let them know that it's okay to cry, and that it's okay to need help. I gave out my number a lot last year, but I've gotten a new phone since then. 

Well, after I leave for my grandpas house tomorrow, I won't be home until Thursday. And when I get back I will only have two days left to finish packing. And to hang out with my mom before I go. I'll miss my family, but I am so so so excited about going to UK again!! Go Big Blue!!!

I won't have anymore chapters posted until after I get to camp. It'll be a busy week for me, and I just simply cannot fit it into my schedule right now. But I promise more chapters are coming soon. 

Maybe I'll be able to go to UK again next summer too.....

Tabytha

No comments:

Post a Comment